California Community College Council for Staff
& Organizational Development (4C/SD)
- Provides information and advocates for staff
development to a variety of state-wide educational institutions such
as the Academic Senate, Faculty Association of California Community
Colleges (FACCC) and Community College League of California (CCLC).
- Advises the California Community Colleges Chancellor's
Office with regard to the development and interpretation of state regulations
and required reports.
- Shares staff development resources on how to
start and maintain effective staff development programs and dealing
with specific problems and situations.
- Provides training opportunities for staff development
officers and their institutions.
- Provides a variety of publications including
a Contact Directory, listing all the staff development officers in California
and a speaker resource publication which lists available speakers for
on campus programs.
- Organizes state and regional conferences as
well as mini conferences to address current issues and trends in staff
development. Registration fees are discounted for 4C/SD members.
- Provides informational, interactive listserv
online for members and non-members in staff development
For more information, please visit 4CSD
National Council For Staff, Program And
Organizational Development (NCSPOD)
- Links community college staff development programs
by state, region and across the nation;
- Provides assistance in resolving important issues;
- Sponsors regional and inter-national conferences
for faculty, classified staff and administrators committed to professional
and personal growth.
- Sponsors forums, workshops and publications which
provide approaches for managing rapid economic, technological and cultural
- Offers opportunities for individual development through:
- Conducting workshops;
- Writing for publication;
- Holding organizational office;
- Taking an active part in shaping institutional change;
- Developing skills while helping others develop theirs;
- Connecting with other professionals who share
similar interests and concerns;
For more information, please visit NCSPOD
National Institute For Staff And Organizational
The National Institute for Staff and Organizational
Development (NISOD) is the outreach organization of the Community College
Leadership Program, in the Department of Educational Administration, College
of Education, at The University of Texas at Austin. NISOD supports the
pursuit of excellence in teaching and leadership at its more than 600
member colleges throughout the United States, Canada, and around the world.
- Offers institutional awards for teaching excellence;
- Provides annual national conference whose primary
function is the honor and recognition of awardees;
- Additionally provides workshops of interest
for faculty and administrators;
- Provides monthly Innovative Abstracts and other
worthy publications for educators.
For more information, please visit NISOD
California Community College Classified Senate (4CS)
The California Community Colleges Classified Senate
(4CS), constituted as a voluntary membership body of appropriately recognized
shared governance bodies, colleges, and districts which recognizes the
value of higher education in the State of California, sees its mission
- Advocationg the value and contributions classified
staff provide to the learning environment;
- Providing quality service to promote student
- Cooperating with other organizations in the
interest of enriching the educational environment of the California
- Serving as a liaison between the California
Community Colleges' Senates;
- Promoting the participation of classified staff
in shared governance at the State and local levels; and
- Developing and supporting classified senates
at the local level.
For more information, please visit 4CS