Americorp Educational Award Helpful Hints
- To ensure proper and timely payment of your award, it is our practice to accept only one AmeriCorps award request per term.
- Initiate your single-term request at the Americorp website indicating Santa Rosa Junior College as your school: http://my.americorps.gov/mp
- SRJC must see that you are enrolled in at least .5 units for the term you are requesting. The AmeriCorps educational award can then be accepted and processed by our financial aid office. If you are not yet enrolled, your request will be denied.
- Your award is then pending the release of federal funds to SRJC. A check will be issued by SRJC and mailed to your address on file with the Admissions and Records office (can be updated through your Cubby).
- When the federal funds come to SRJC, your enrollment is again verified by our financial aid office and your award activated for the next scheduled financial aid pay date:
2014-2015 Payment Schedule
FINANCIAL AID, DOYLE & OTHER SCHOLARSHIP PAYMENTS
There are two major payment days at the beginning and at the mid-point of each semester for all students eligible for payments by those dates. These are followed by secondary payment dates every week or two weeks to pay students who were not previously ready for payment. Students on financial aid who withdraw completely from school before 10/31/14 during the fall semester and before 4/3/15 in the spring semester will be required to repay a portion of the student aid funds disbursed for that semester, and will be ineligible for further aid.
|Fall 2014||Spring 2015|
|August 15 (F) 1st Disbursement (50%)
September 4 (Th)
|January 9 (F) 1st Disbursement (50%)
January 22 (Th)
|October 15 (W) 2nd Disbursement (50%)
November 13 (Th)
|March 11 (W) 2nd Disbursement (50%)
Please refer to the SRJC Student Expense Budgets to help you plan the amount
of your award request each term: