Steps for New Students
- File an application online at www.santarosa.edu/apply/
- Be sure to keep your 9 digit SRJC Student Identification number (SID) and PIN
in a secure place.
- New students must complete assessment. English or ESL assessment is critical
to help you and your counselor determine which courses are appropriate. Math assessment
is necessary for students planning to earn an Associate Degree, transfer to a four
year college, and for some career technical education certificates. A chemistry placement test is also
- For a testing schedule, study guides, or to make an appointment, check online
Call (707) 527-4661 (Santa Rosa) or (707) 778-3908 (Petaluma). Appointments may also
be made online at www.santarosa.edu/portal
- Students may also use the following in order to place into SRJC English and
- successful completion of English or math courses at another college
- a score of 3 or higher on College Board AP exams in English or math, or
- scored as “ready” for CSU college level English and math through
the EAP (STAR) testing at their high school. After applying to SRJC, please check
Portal under "myRecords" and "Placement
Results" to view your EAP placement.
- Placement test results from other two-year colleges will be accepted for evaluation.
Fax your official placement test result to (707) 524-1638 (Santa Rosa) or (707)
Orientation - Select one of the following:
- Register for COUN 270, the Introduction to College course, which is the most
complete orientation for first time students and gives priority registration. COUN
270 is offered in the spring and summer and you can register at www.santarosa.edu/portal/.
- Attend a New Student Orientation on the Santa Rosa Campus. Check the schedule
online at www.santarosa.edu/app/orientation/ and
call (707) 527-4451 to register. For Petaluma Campus information call (707) 778-3914.
- Complete an online orientation at www.santarosa.edu/orientation/.
- Select one of the following:
- After completing assessment and
an orientation, go to the Counseling Department to speak with a counselor. For more
information check online at www.santarosa.edu/app/counseling.
counselor availability please call Santa Rosa Counseling, Bertolini Student Center
(707) 527-4451 or Petaluma Counseling, Kathleen Doyle Hall (707) 778-3914.
- To make the most of your meeting with a counselor:
- Review the current Schedule of Classes online at www.santarosa.edu/schedules/ and
make a list of possible classes
- Bring transcripts from other colleges
- Bring AP test scores or EAP test results, if applicable
- Check the online academic calendar to view registration dates
- Register for classes online at www.santarosa.edu/portal/.
these resources immediately to ensure your success:
- Financial Aid: www.santarosa.edu/finaid or
call (707) 527-4471 (Santa Rosa) or (707) 778-2461 (Petaluma)
- Scholarships: www.santarosa.edu/scholarship or
call (707) 527-4740
- EOPS: www.santarosa.edu/eops or
call (707) 527-4383
- Disability Resources: www.santarosa.edu/disability_resources or
call (707) 527-4278 or 778-2491 (Petaluma)
- Student Health Services: www.santarosa.edu/for_students/student-services/student-health-services/ or call (707) 527-4445 (Santa Rosa) or (707) 778-3919 (Petaluma)
Questions and comments about this page may be sent to email@example.com.